The successful candidate will be an experienced, self-motivated and hands-on Sr. Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis who will work with the finance and operation teams in supporting our efforts to quantitatively analyze potential opportunities for our current pipeline and the investments required along with the risk profile for each program. The role will also require integral planning and analysis with the clinical and research functions to budget and forecast resources and to regularly report results to senior management. This critical position will assist the company’s financial planning and analysis function and maintain a high level of interaction with senior leadership.
Job Duties include:
- Assist in the development and coordination of the financial budgets for the Company, including maintaining activity-based budgeting in partnership with department heads/project leads
- Assist with the budgeting/forecasting process with department heads/project leads to ensure financial information is provided on a regular basis in order to effectively manage the business
- Develop presentations and analysis of budget performance and key business metrics
- Develop reporting tools for research contract work, clinical trials and manufacturing activities
- Perform analytics (including Net Present Value analyses) to support commercial planning, business development and strategic planning activities
- Other projects, ad hoc analysis and duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related field required (or relevant experience), MBA a plus
- Five years of FP&A experience in similar role, with at least 2 years in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Highly proficient in Excel (including the ability to perform pivot tables, VLOOKUP and high-level functions and formulas) and PowerPoint
- Solid proficiencies and adaptability leveraging finance system capabilities
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Detail-oriented; exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company headquartered in the Los Angeles area near Pasadena and with an office in San Diego. We recently completed a successful initial public offering (IPO). We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics — antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and are more potent, safer and longer lasting — to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, our XmAb® technology is being validated through our collaborative agreements with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas, a passion for innovation and a willingness to take risks.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates coworkers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development.
With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.