We seek a Director, Portfolio Management & Strategy, to oversee the assessment and prioritization of the company’s pipeline of monoclonal antibody therapeutics. The incumbent will execute technical and market analysis of the company’s product portfolio i) to support decision-making and resource allocation throughout all stages of R&D and commercialization and ii) to guide product development decisions to align the portfolio with the company’s business and financial strategy. Reports to CEO in Monrovia, CA.
- Responsible for analyzing, valuing and prioritizing the company’s early stage and clinical monoclonal antibody programs
- Execute market analyses of the company’s R&D programs, including epidemiology, clinical landscape, commercial and reimbursement environment
- Conduct competitive analysis for portfolio programs
- Collaborate with finance function to develop valuation models and operating plans for product portfolio
- Define portfolio evolution timelines and trade offs
- Prepare presentations of market and financial analyses and portfolio prioritization for the CEO and Board of Directors
- Responsible for the overall design, implementation and delivery of all externally contracted product market research and competitive analysis to the organization.
- Responsible for the development of primary and secondary market research plan and budget
- Assist R&D management in identification and assessment of new product opportunities
- Provides market assessment and competitive landscape input for business development of the company’s monoclonal antibody pipeline and antibody optimization technologies
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, MD or PhD in the life sciences or engineering with excellent academic track record preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a strategy consulting firm providing portfolio strategy support for biotech/pharmaceutical clients plus 2-3 additional years relevant experience in business (or consulting);
-alternatively, 5+ years in portfolio management, new product planning or corporate strategy role for a company in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry;
-prefer an additional 2-3 years of team or project leadership in a healthcare R&D or commercial organization
- Epidemiology-based revenue forecasting and asset valuation experience
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects efficiently and independently, with appropriate communication with senior management
- Demonstrated expert-level ability and success using written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex scientific, medical and business
- Strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare industries
- Ability to partner simultaneously with internal business colleagues and external consultants/experts as needed
- Outstanding flexibility and adaptability suited for the changing requirements and fast pace of a small biotechnology company
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company headquartered in the Los Angeles area near Pasadena and with an office in San Diego. We recently completed a successful initial public offering (IPO). We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics — antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and are more potent, safer and longer lasting — to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, our XmAb® technology is being validated through our collaborative agreements with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas, a passion for innovation and a willingness to take risks.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates coworkers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development.
With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.