We are seeking an experienced Supervisor, Facilities & Laboratory Management to assist in the management of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the company’s Research & Development laboratory and office spaces. Key responsibilities include supervising staff, general maintenance of facilities & equipment, maintaining and restocking office and laboratory supplies. This position will help facilitate maintenance work undertaken by outside vendors. This is a hands-on position that requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, leading by example, and the management of one or more laboratory assistants.
The ideal candidate is efficient and functions well in a fast-paced environment where priorities are fluid. Critical thinking, self-motivation, resourcefulness and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, are extremely important.
Job Duties include:
• Oversee the operation and maintenance of laboratory and office facilities
• Respond to facility requests in a timely manner
• Coordinate purchasing, shipping and receiving
• Perform facility inspections and identify and remediate hazards.
• Help to ensure OSHA compliance
• Maintain conference rooms for large meetings, and ensure cleanliness and security of premise
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Some college and 3+ years of management experience within a laboratory and facilities related environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years experience in a facilities management position, preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
• Familiarity with hazmat handling programs, EH&S regulations, electrical, plumbing, security, HVAC, carpentry, lab utilities (gases and RO/DI), refrigeration, local building codes and disaster recovery procedures
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Possess a customer oriented attitude with the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, management and vendors.
• Ability to read drawings and diagrams
• Ability to effectively organize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively without continuous oversight or supervision
• Excellent written and oral communications skills to maintain and write reports, work orders, and procedures
• Experience in cost-reduction programs and vendor management
• Ability to lift 70lbs and/or move large tanks of liquefied gas
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We recently completed a successful IPO. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and are more potent, safer and longer lasting – to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with nine in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has been validated through our collaborative agreements with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Amgen, Novo Nordisk, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package.