We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, creative and energetic research associate to join our Cell Biology team. The successful candidate will play a key role in advancing Xencor’s antibody therapeutics using in vitro cell-based assays.
Your specific responsibilities will include mammalian cell culture, preparation of primary tissue samples, bioassays involving primary cells and cell lines, analysis and documentation of your results, and presentation in group meetings. You will work with highly motivated research scientists in a goal-oriented multi-project environment. You must work efficiently, both independently and in a team, possess excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills, and demonstrate quality and attention to detail in your research.
- Demonstrated competence in mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with primary tissue culture would be a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience with cell- and immuno-assays (e.g. ELISA) is desirable.
- Experience in flow cytometry is also desirable.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong data-management and analytical skills.
- BS in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field, with at least two years of relevant post-graduate experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work well on a project team are essential.
- A proven track record of working in a biotech environment would be a strong plus.
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company headquartered in the Los Angeles area near Pasadena and with an office in San Diego. We recently completed a successful initial public offering (IPO). We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics — antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and are more potent, safer and longer lasting — to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, our XmAb® technology is being validated through our collaborative agreements with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas, a passion for innovation and a willingness to take risks.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates coworkers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development.
With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.