Office Coordinator/Administrator (San Diego)
This is a new position with the initial responsibility of managing a new satellite office in San Diego. The Office Administrator will support a number of executives (Chief Medical Officer, Chief Business Development Officer, Acting General Counsel and the Clinical Trials Staff) and is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations including:
- Manage incoming phone calls and emails with excellent communication skills
- Coordinate and manage schedules and meetings.
- Arrange domestic and international travel.
- Act as primary contact with outside entities such as building management and vendors, ensuring timely and efficient communications.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including reception duties, document preparation, filing, ordering supplies, expense reports and presentation material preparations.
- May assist other departments with support tasks as necessary.
Ideal person will be a self-motivated, self-directed individual who possesses:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational capability, including the ability to multi-task with frequent workload changes & competing demands.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle a variety of personalities
- The ability to proactively anticipate needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication with an emphasis on accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint and Outlook.
- 5+ years experience in administration or administrative assistance
- Experience in the life sciences/biotech industry preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company headquartered in the Los Angeles area near Pasadena and with an office in San Diego. We recently completed a successful initial public offering (IPO). We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics — antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and are more potent, safer and longer lasting — to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, our XmAb® technology is being validated through our collaborative agreements with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas, a passion for innovation and a willingness to take risks.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates coworkers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development.
With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.