PEGS Boston, Protein Engineering Summit (John Desjarlais, Ph.D., presenting; Boston, MA)
Xencor’s employees are the most important factor in our success. We have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Xencor is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Information and resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit via mail to: Xencor, Inc., 111 W. Lemon Ave 2nd floor, Monrovia, CA 91016-2809
- Competitive base salary and bonus program
- Stock options
- Scientific and performance award programs
- 401k plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medical/dependent care reimbursement plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Group AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous vacation/sick/holiday time
Xencor reserves the right to change or terminate the above benefits at any time with or without notice.
This position is responsible for the administration of the company’s accounting operations. Functional responsibilities include directing the accounting function, ensuring financial controls and compliance, SEC and external reporting, and conducting financial planning and analysis in support of the company’s financial and strategic objectives.
This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Preparation of financial reports and analysis for management
- Establish strong working relationships with HR, IT and Operations
- Work closely with Corporate Controller on monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in complying with and meeting SEC reporting deadlines
- Complete journal entries and account reconciliations in a timely fashion
- Assist in implementing internal controls and compliance initiatives
- Prepare work paper schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Work with external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of professional experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry a plus
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills (SEC reporting experience a plus)
- Strong financial systems aptitude, including experience with various business accounting software programs such as Quickbooks and Microsoft Dynamics
- Proficiency with Excel — advanced level preferred
- A selfstarter who is action- and results-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, communicate and relate to senior management and all levels of personnel within the company
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- A person who takes complete ownership of any project to ensure its completion and collaborates with other owners of the project
- Comfortable working with sensitive and confidential data and maintaining a high degree of discretion
- High professional and personal integrity
- Able to work flexible hours and do whatever it takes to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Responsibilities and Job Specifications
Xencor is currently looking for an experienced in vivo pharmacology scientist.
The candidate will work under minimal supervision to implement, execute and report in vivo pharmacology studies focused on identifying therapeutic antibody and protein candidates in the areas of oncology, inflammation and autoimmune disease.
In vivo responsibilities will include disease induction (including surgeries), test article and reagent formulation and preparation, dosing (by all major routes), tumor measurement, blood/tissue collection, animal husbandry, and monitoring of animal health. In addition, candidate will be responsible for sample processing, data collection and analyses (graphing, statistics, etc.), generation of draft study protocols/reports, training of junior scientists, maintenance and ordering of vivarium supplies and detailed record keeping.
The candidate will report directly to the Pharmacology Lead Scientist and provide him/her with regular data/status updates.
Other required skills include mammalian cell culture (aseptic preparation of media, freezing and thawing of cells, expanding/splitting cells for in vivo implantation), basic laboratory procedures such as gel electrophoresis and ELISA, protein and nucleic acid quantitation, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, experience managing in vivo study teams, and experience with Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism. The candidate will be required to handle human tissue samples.
The candidate will work with highly motivated research scientists in a goal-oriented multi-project environment. In addition, the candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, able to work both independently and in a team setting, have excellent oral and written communication skills and be available for work on weekends.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field, with 5+ years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience with cancer xenograft, inflammation and/or autoimmunity mouse models is required.